Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
METACENTRIC HEIGHT APPARATUS.
The unit consists of a small tank. Water is poured in it; so that a small ship model can float over it .The ship model is provided with a horizontal guide bar over which a small weight can be slided. Displacement of weight is measured with a scale. A pointer is attached at the centre of ship. When the weight is slide the ship tilts. The angle of tilt is measured by displacement of pointer & from then the metacentric height of ship can be studied.
• Water tank with fibber lining inside.
• Ship model with a horizontal guide bar for sliding weight & pointer hung from a hook.
• Scales for measuring displacement of sliding weight & pointer.
• Distances from centre of ship (X) = 50mm,100mm,140mm,205mm
• Weight of the ship Model(Wc) = 8500 gm = 0.083385 kN
• Weights provided with Ship = 100 gm, 250gm, 500gm
• Suitable Water supply.
• Suitable floor space to mount apparatus.