Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
ORIFICE AND MOUTHPIECE APPARATUS.
The unit consists of Orifice-meter and Mouthpiece allows hydrologists and engineers a simple method of measuring the Coefficient of Discharge, Coefficient of Contraction and Coefficient of Velocity in variable heads.
The apparatus is used to calibrate the following types of Orifice-meters and Mouthpieces:-
• Orifice-meter - 16 & 12 mm
• Mouthpieces - 18 & 14 mm
RANGE OF EXPERIMENT:-
The objective of this experiment is to find and study the variations of hydraulic coefficients under different operating conditions of the given orifice and mouthpiece.
• Sliding pointer with scale to measure X and Y axis.
• Orifice-meter - 16 & 12 mm (Mild Steel with Chrome Plating)
• Mouthpieces - 18 & 14 mm (Brass)
• Chrome platted over flow pipe to change the variable heads.
• Flow control valve to change Discharge.
• Transparent pizometer tubes with scale to measure head and measuring tank discharge.
• Measuring tank- 295 X 345 X 345 mm
• Sump tank- 900 X 350 X 350 mm
• Usha or Crompton Greaves motor for recalculating type unit.- 0.5H.P. Self Priming
• Stop clock..
• Suitable Water supply.
• Suitable floor space to mount apparatus.
• 15 amps Single Phase Electrical Connection.