Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
LOSSES IN PIPE FITTING APPARATUS.
The unit consists of Major and minor losses associated with pipe flow in piping networks helps in determining the pumping power requirements, material and fittings selection. A good understanding of such losses helps engineers in designing optimum fluid distribution systems, process plants etc. This apparatus is designed to introduce students to minor flow losses (Fittings) in Pipes. The following types of pipe fittings are generally provided with the apparatus:-
• Sudden Expansion
• Sudden Contraction
A flow control valve permits variation of flow rate through the circuit. Pressure tapings are incorporated so that the head loss characteristics of each fitting may be measured. These tapings are connected to a manometer bank incorporating a manifold with air bleed valve. The circuit and manometer are attached to a support framework
RANGE OF EXPERIMENT:-
• To study the losses of head due to various fittings in pipelines.
• To determine the loss of head in the fittings at the various water flow rates.
• To determine the loss co-efficient for the pipe fittings
• Block Type Acrylic Differential Manometer (250-0-250 mm)
• Number of fittings : 4 Nos
• Flow control valve to change Discharge.
• Transparent pizometer tubes with scale to measure measuring tank discharge.
• Measuring tank- 295 X 345 X 345 mm
• Sump tank- 900 X 350 X 350 mm
• Usha or Crompton Greaves motor for recalculating type unit.- 0.5H.P. Self Priming
• Stop clock.
• Suitable Water supply.
• Suitable floor space to mount apparatus.
• 15 amps Single Phase Electrical Connection.