Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
The unit consists of to study different flow conditions and to obtain the Reynolds number in different flow conditions.
Apparatus consist of storage cum supply tank, which has the provision for supplying coloured dye through jet. A Perspex tube is provided to visualize the different flow condition. The entry of water in Perspex tube is through elliptical bell mouth to have smooth flow at the entry. A regulating valve is provided on the downstream side of the tube to regulate the flow. The discharge must be varied very gradually from a smaller to larger value. A collecting tank is used to find the actual discharge through the Perspex tube.
RANGE OF EXPERIMENT:-
• To study different flow conditions.
• To obtain the Reynolds number in different flow conditions.
• Acrylic tube of Dia.25mm and length 1 mtr. to study different flow conditions.
• Flow control valve to change Discharge.
• Transparent pizometer tubes with scale to measure head.
• 1 Litter plastic flask to measure discharge.
• Set of- [Needle-1Qty, Dye supply pipe with Regulator-1 Qty, Dye Bottel-1 Qty]
• Sump tank- 900 X 350 X 350 mm
• Usha or Crompton Greaves motor for recalculating type unit.- 0.5H.P. Self Priming
• Stop clock.
• Suitable Water supply.
• Suitable floor space to mount apparatus.
• 15 amps Single Phase Electrical Connection.