Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
FLOW OVER NOTCHES APPARATUS.
The unit consists of Notches or Weirs allow hydrologists and engineers a simple method of measuring the coefficient of Discharge in small to medium-sized streams, or in industrial discharge locations.
The apparatus is used to calibrate the following types of notches:-
• Rectangular Notch
• Triangular Notch
A flow control valve permits variation of flow rate through the circuit. Open flow channel ensures smooth flow of water. Channel has arrangement to replace different types of notches through simple bolting arrangement
RANGE OF EXPERIMENT:-
The objectives of this experiment are Determine the coefficient of discharge of the given external flow measuring notches for different rates of flow.
• Open Flow channel- 1000 X 250 mm
• Rectangular Notch- 80 mm (Aluminium or Brass)
• Triangular Notch - 450,600,900 (Aluminium or Brass)
• Flow control valve to change Discharge.
• Transparent pizometer tubes with scale to measure head and measuring tank discharge.
• Measuring tank- 295 X 345 X 345 mm
• Sump tank- 900 X 350 X 350 mm
• Usha or Crompton Greaves motor for recalculating type unit.- 0.5H.P. Self Priming
• Stop clock.
• Suitable Water supply.
• Suitable floor space to mount apparatus.
• 15 amps Single Phase Electrical Connection.