Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
- This is a robust instrument designed specifically for student use, which nevertheless is capable of very high performance.
- The main structure is of heavy cast metal, with bright plated fittings.
- The complete instrument is supplied with wooden case.
- Scale: The 150mm diameter circle with protective
plastic shield is fixed to the telescope movement and the table is
attached to the double ended vernier, which reads to 1 minute of arc.
- Both telescope and table rotation fine adjustment screws, and
release of a clamping screw enables adjustment of both movements to be
made by hand.
- Collimator: Mounted on fixed and fitted with 178mm
focus achromatic objectives, 25mm clear aperture. Also fitted is a
unilaterally adjustable slit7mmlong.
- Telescope: Mounted on moveable pillar and fitted with 178mm Focus achromatic objective, 25mm clear aperture.
- Also fitted is a 8× Ramsden eyepiece and a glass cross line
graticule. Both the telescope and collimator have rack and pinion
- Means are provided for leveling the axis of both optical units and for squaring them to axis of rotation.
- Prism Table: The table is marked with lines to assist placing the prism with respect to the table leveling screws.