Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
PELTON WHEEL TURBINE TEST RIG- 5HP.
The unit consists of a small Pelton wheel connected to a rope brake. Water is supplied to the turbine by a Monoblock pump. Water flow is measured by a Orificemeter and pressure gauges. Water jet is directed over the buckets by a nozzle. A control valve operating the nozzle controls the water flow. Thus students can visualize the operation & estimate B.H.P. and efficiency of the Pelton turbine.
• Pelton Wheel - Fitted with 18 buckets, nozzle for water jet, casing with one side
of perspex sheet developing 3.7 Kw at 1500 rpm, complete with rope brake arrangement,
pressure & Vacuum Gauges for conducting experiments.
• Piping system consisting of pipes, valves and fittings complete set suitable for
the Pelton Turbine Test Rig.
• Supply pump set 15 HP ‘Crompton’ make suitable for supplying water to the above turbine
• Starter suitable for the above motor pump set.
• Flow measuring unit consisting of Orificemeter and Pressure Gauges.
• Rope brake dynamometer with spring balance.
• Mild steel sump to store sufficient water for experimentation and arranged within the floor
space of the main unit and to operate without any concrete foundation.
• A technical manual accompanies the unit.
• 440 V, 32 A, AC supply.
• Floor space of 3m x 3m (approx)
• Tachometer (can be supply at extra cost.)