Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
FRANCIS TURBINE TEST RIG- 5HP.
The unit consists of Francis Turbine coupled to rope brake dynamometer.
• Francis Turbine Designed to develop 3.7 Kw at 1500 RPM with a flow of 2000 LPM at
15 meters supply head, complete with rope brake arrangement, pressure & Vacuum
Gauges for conducting experiments.
• Piping system consisting of pipes, valves and fittings complete set suitable for
the Francis Turbine Test Rig.
• Supply pump set 15 HP ‘Kirloskar’ make suitable for supplying water to the above turbine
• Starter suitable for the above motor pump set.
• Flow measuring unit consisting of Venturimeter and mercury manometer.
• Rope brake dynamometer with spring balances.
• Mild steel sump to store sufficient water for experimentation and arranged within the
floor space of the main unit and to operate without any concrete foundation.
• A technical manual accompanies the unit.
• 440 V, 32 A, AC supply.
• Floor space of 3m x 3m (approx)
• Tachometer (can be supply at extra cost.)