Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
STEFAN BOLTZMANN APPARATUS.
The unit consists of a hemisphere surrounded by hot water. The instrument determines Stefan Boltzmann constant. Water heating tank is provided to supply hot water. Stefan Boltzmann constant is determined from the temperature raise rate when blacked disc is inserted at the centre of disc from hemisphere by radiation & its temperature begins to rise.
• Hemisphere dia. - 0.205 m.
• Base Bakelite plate - 0.05 m.
• Test disc dia. - 0.0195 m.
• Thickness of test disc - 0.003 m.
• Thermocouples on hemisphere - 4 Nos.
• Water tank of capacity with immersion heater. - 8 litre
• Thermocouple on test disc - 1 No.
• Temperature indicator. - 0-300 oC
• The phenomenon of heat transfer by radiation can be understood well.
• Stefan Boltzmann constant can be calculated.
• Easy to operate.
• Ideal for group studies and demonstration.