Description and Specification for Lab Tenders
The unit’s of a motorized gyroscope consist of a disc rotor mounted on a horizontal shaft rotating in the ball bearing of one frame. The rotor shaft is coupled to a motor mounted on a turning frame having bearings in the yoke frame which is free to rotate about vertical axis. Thus a disc can be rotated about three perpendicular axes. Angular scale and a pointer fitted to frame help to measure precision rate.
• Demonstrates relationship between applied torque and the rate and direction of
rotation and precision.
• Gyroscopic couple easily varied by an assortment of weights.
• Precisely balanced rotor.
• Completely portable and suitable for classroom demonstration.
• Useful to verify the relationship T=IwwP.
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS
• Observation of gyroscopic behaviour (two laws and stability).
• Experimental justification of the equation T=IwwP for calculating the gyroscopic
couple by observation and measurement of results for independent variations in
applied couple (T) and precision (WP).
• Disc rotor - 30cm dia.10m.m. thick.
• Drive - A.C. /D.C. single phase motor.
• Overall size - 30 cm dia. Base, 50 cm. height.
• Weight - 30 Kg approx.
• Single Phase 15 amp Electric Connection.
• Tachometer for speed measurement.
• Suitable bench area to mount the instrument.